EOSA developed four instruments to enable reliable data collection, and responsible analysis and interpretation:
- Enterprise architecture
- Enterprise friendly index
- Enterprise monitor
- Enterprise case studies
Summaries are presented below with links to further information.
With this instrument we analyse the composition and dynamics of enterprises in 19 economic sectors in towns & cities, and classify enterprises into more than 670 enterprise types. On the basis of enterprise numbers per sector as well as percentages and enterprise richness we can:
- compare the enterprise compositions and dynamics of towns
- cluster towns & municipalities in accordance with their enterprise characteristics and dynamics.
The Enterprise friendly index measures:
- Crime against business
- Municipal reaction times on rezoning, answering phones, etc.
- Private sector investment
The Enterprise monitor is a survey of owners and managers of businesses to determine:
- Size of firms
- Employment figures
- Markets and exports
Enterprise case studies enable us to answer the following questions:
- Why are certain sectors more export oriented than others?
- Which success factors drive them?
- Is there a special kind of entrepreneurship that is outward looking?
- Are there cluster benefits that could be explored?